Thursday, February 12, 2009

SQUEEEEEZE! 2-12-09

WOW! what a squeeze! just unbelievable strength in every sector.
Its good that I realized its never good to go 100% short or 100% long at any time.
I went long my favorite bullish utilities play, PEG, which was showing weakness today until the squeeze and was touching the support trend line since October:

It was not only a long play but also a hedges for my RTH and PFF short plays which got smashed in this rally, but thankfully I reacted somewhat quick enough to save myself and got out without a scratch.
Now its time to add on strength to my long plays PEG and PEP.
I wanted to add to PEP at 50, but got no fill, it didn't reach that low...
now if only I was in KO like I mentioned yesterday, I'd be already green this year. KO probably kept PEP so bullish throughout the very bearish action today (till the squeeze of course):


My pick for another long hedge, HRS, turned out to be a crappy one:


It broke its intermediate term support trend line, rallied, then U-turned back down to where it came from forming an intraday double bottom, but it was severely underperforming SPY.
My entry level was thankfully lower, so I got out unscratched, but now I need another hedge for the next few short trades and I was thinking about getting in XBI instead of this poop shoot.





It sucks to be a bear in a bear market that is starting to look like just a chopfest market instead.
*crossing my fingers for a decent bearish trend in the indexes*

No comments: