Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Developing a Niche

Alright, today was a pretty a bearish day, still dragging to lower lows on the SPY.
Cumulative 1 minute tick is dropping like a rock, like in November, scary sh1t.
but NYSE new lows ($NYLOW) are not converging with VIX. Only during convergence the trend is strong. Now we have a good chance of some kind of retracement.

I'm starting to develop my own niche lately. I started sticking with rules I've developed towards strengthening my edge:
  1. Only swing trades,
  2. only scaling in a 1/4-1/3 of a full position on the first entry, then add up to 1/2 a position on 2nd entry and 3/4ths on 3rd entry and a full position on 4th entry on strength,
  3. Only position my portfolio in many small positions (profit target=1% portfolio gain) with good set ups. No net short or net long with exposure over 20% of my capital for either long or short side,
  4. 75% of position have to be highly correlated to their sectors, 25% not correlated

I'm giving DBA another try














TMX
closed above 14.94,
which is great news for my triple bottom set up, and relative volume has picked up this last few days














SWY, a TERRIBLE place to work for, is setting up a great short set up:

No comments: