Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Out of PEG, into TMX and SPIL

We finally broke the 800's range in the SPX! halleluja, too bad I was long since Friday.
bad sector, good sector, doesn't matter, its every sector crashing once again. Mid-Febuary looking like mid-October now.

But its not October-November and there are still great bullish trends out there in Healthcare (medical devices especially), technology and other select stocks.

Few of these have great set ups as well:

MTX is outperforming S&P consistently and is setting up either a break down or my favorite set up: intermediate double bottom.

To start a new bullish trend, it has to break the cyan bearish trend line and stay above the 17 level, since it has the most volume by price in the last few months. Its make or break time for TMX.



SPIL has some room before it reaches its long term peak-to-peak trend line and breaks 4.90. Sell target is the January '08 bottom at 5.40.












I'll use these set ups as hedges once I scale into short positions... yeah that squeeze on Thursday was JUST A SHAKE OUT and its too bad I covered my RTH and PFF shorts since they tanked so nicely today.

I'm also looking to get in IHI, XBI and SMH and select stocks in these sectors as well.
As to shorts, I'm hesitant about geting into TBT since it broke a supporting rising trend line:
Maybe it'll be better to wait for a break of the other (cyan) trendline.

No comments: