Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Anatomy of my best trade ever


Today I had my best trade ever. Granted, I was extremely aggressive, putting 50% of my capital at risk overnight but even so it was the right call at the right time. It was a fade move on extremely bullish strength.

Why did I put so much capital at risk? the honest reason is because I wanted to gain what I lost in RKH and RTH, both killed my account lately. Another reason is because I knew I had to take advantage of this move while it lasted and it wasn't another one of those swing trades - odds were better for the overnight move and too many factors were in my favor today, unlike all my other trades in the last 4 months frankly.

The market forced me out of trading indexes because of the shameless manipulation of GS that turned the technical picture into a never ending cutthroat consecutive rising wedges pattern on anemic volume. It's a firefight of extremes that sets new guinness world records for overbought every other day. Only day traders can profit in this enviroment, so single stocks look more attractive right now. Lucky me I found a great set up right after getting stopped in those indexes.

No comments: