Saturday, April 18, 2009

MONtesanto - Genetically Modified Global Food Monopoly

I know traders should be cold and heartless when it comes to stock picking, but there are few companies that I choose not to buy regardless of the edge I find in the pattern/timing at the time. Among them are all fast food companies and ADM, WMT. Now added to the list is MON. Why?

Check out this lil eye opening movie: The Future of Food

But besides the ethical restriction, one of my rules for buying is to never buy patterns of higher highs and higher lows with no meaningful retracement that has a support line that's angle is sharper than 30 degrees, such as the pattern in MON chart AND the current pattern in the indexes lately. In my opinion, this pattern says that people in the know don't want to give incentive to those not in the know to get a part of their investment. This pattern tells me that those who move the market have no doubt about their investment and that leaves very little edge to me. The more doubt in the future of the business, the more edge is spread out to traders.

No comments: